Tuesday 1 March 2011

A daily list

Not a to-do list, but a daily check list of things which need to be done.

'Huh? That's a to-do list' I hear you cry.

Yes and no. It is a list of things which need to be done, but it's also not ongoing. A to-do list is generally ongoing with things on which have specific deadlines. This is just daily, and supplementary to any large check list. It also helpfully reminds you of what you need to do, but without worrying you with the daunting list of longer-term tasks which your to-do list contains.

What I mean is, sit down at the beginning of the day, just 5 minutes, and assess the things you need to do that day. If you *know* you can get these things done then shove them on the list. Even if it's something trivial it goes on.

The list is intended to do 2 things:

1) Memory jogging
Don't you hate that nagging feeling that you need to do something and you can;t remember what it is? Worry no more! You've written it down, haven't you?

2) Positive thoughts
Just by ticking something off, you're reinforcing that you get things done every day. You'll feel better for it!


Grab yourself a little notebook to jot these things down in. I carry one of these everywhere I go, and honestly I'd be lost without it.

I've tried using Newtons, Palms, Phones and other random devices to keep my lists safe, but even the task manager on my current Blackberry (see my older posts) isn't as good as paper.

Give it a try! You'll thank me for it (possibly).

0 comments:

Post a Comment